IBM OA PTF before 2012
In order to use openlook, Open Access support needs to be enabled. Previously support was provided by IBM's Rational Open Access: RPG Edition V1.1 (Product 5733-OAR) however this is no longer required and is best removed.
You can check if 5733-OA is installed by running the command:
Once removed, you can enable Open Access support by one of the following methods:
- Upgrade to 5761-SS1, 5761-WDS if you are running IBM i 6.1
- Upgrade to 5770-SS1, 5770-WDS if you are running IBM i 7.1.
- Install the following PTFs for IBM i 6.1: SI45906 for runtime and SI45904 for compilation (*current).
- Install the following PTFs for IBM i 7.1: SI45905 for runtime and SI45903, SI45902 for compilation (*current, *prv).
To check if you already have the v6 PTFs run:
- DSPPTF LICPGM(5761SS1) SELECT(SI45906)
- DSPPTF LICPGM(5761WDS) SELECT(SI45904)
To check if you already have the v7 PTFs run:
- DSPPTF LICPGM(5770SS1) SELECT(SI45905)
- DSPPTF LICPGM(5770WDS) SELECT(SI45902)
- DSPPTF LICPGM(5770WDS) SELECT(SI45903)
More information on IBM OA PTFs can be found here:
The PTFs can be downloaded from:
Tip: Perform a web search for "download SI45906" (enter the relevant PTF number) to go directly the correct IBM PTF download page.
Once all required PTFs have been downloaded you can install them as follows:
FTP the files from your PC to the /tmp IFS directory: FTP <iseries.system.name or ip-address> cd /tmp lcd /mylocalptfdirectory bin put <binaryfile>.bin quit
Run the following commands to create a virtual CD drive & image catalog and install the PTFs: CRTDEVOPT DEVD(OPTVRT01) RSRCNAME(*VRT) VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTVRT01) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON) CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(INSTALLPTF) DIR('/INSTALLPTF') CRTDIR(*YES) ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(INSTALLPTF) FROMFILE(/tmp/<binaryfile>.bin) LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(INSTALLPTF) DEV(OPTVRT01) VFYIMGCLG IMGCLG(INSTALLPTF) TYPE(*PTF) SORT(*YES) INSPTF LICPGM((*ALL)) DEV(OPTVRT01) INSTYP(*DLYALL) or GO PTF, option 8